Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Sentence Structure, Simple sentences, compound Sentences , Complex Sentence.... M.A.F. English Academy

 SENTENCE STRUCTURE

Contents:

1. Types of sentences

2. Simple Sentence

3. Compound Sentence

4. Complex sentence

Sentences are of three types: Simple,  Compound and Complex. 

Simple Sentence- has

• Only one subject

• Only one predicate

• Only one finite verb

For example- 

1. He reads a book.

2. He wants to teach his sons.

3. Being holiday, I went to school. 

Compound Sentence- 

• Compound sentence is made up of two sentences and each sentence has its own subject and predicate. 

• Both the sentences are of equal value. 

• Coordinating conjunctions are used to join these sentences. 

• It has two finite verbs. 

For example- 

1. Mohan sings and Sohan listens. 

2. She worked hard but she failed. 

3. You can sit here or go. 

Complex Sentence-  

• Consists of a principal clause and one or more subordinate clause / clauses is called a complex sentence. 

• Subordinate clause depends on principal clause. 

• These clauses are joined by subordinating conjunctions. 

For example- 

1. This is the school where I studied. 

2. He said that the sun sets in the west.

3. I went to bed after I had finished my lesson. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ANDROCLES AND THE LION, Question answers, Chapter 10

 English Literature Class—7th Chapter—10 Androcles and the Lion Q. 1 Androcles new the Romans game brutal measurement to slaves who tried to...